Ensure that fawns receive colostrum at birth. Colostrum should be available for at least 24 hours, and longer if possible.
If hind colostrum is not available fresh cow, goat or Jumpstart™ Full Cream Colostrum are suitable alternatives.
- Mix 240 grams of lamb milk replacer (LMR) per litre of water.
- Add lamb milk replacer (LMR) to half of the required volume of water and mix thoroughly.
- Top up with water to the correct volume and ensure the temperature is about 40oC.
- Always follow the feeding instructions, do not increase volumes or concentrations above recommended levels.
- Clean fresh water should be available at all times.
Anlamb™ feeding guidelines for fawns
These tables are a guide only.
|Age||Feeds per day||Milk per feed (mL)||Grams per feed (g)||Daily volume (L)|
|1 day||6||As per Jumpstart™ instructions|
|Day 22 to weaning||3||600mL||120g||1.8L|